There are MANY reasons why original art is an impactful choice for a gift. We’ve listened to our patron’s comments and compiled these 5 top reasons why you’ll want to consider giving the gift of original art.
- It’s original! Sounds silly, but think of nearly every other gift idea: manufactured, duplicated 1,000’s of times online, featured in commercials, and on those mundane ‘here’s what I could use’ gift lists.
- It lasts! Most gifts of art are treasured for a lifetime and may even become heirlooms. They are on display, admired often, and the receiver delights in retelling the story behind the artist or the occasion.
- It’s an unexpected treat that can take many forms: pottery, glass, jewelry, reclaimed materials, textiles, and even the well known art form – canvas for the wall!
- It demonstrates support and appreciation for real live people (the artists) and encourages the artists’ growth and ambition. It also shows support for your local small business.
- It makes YOU, the giver, become well-remembered. The recipient will always appreciate the giver’s time and effort to match the art piece to their personality, making the gift of original art even more precious.
Original art is a long-lasting, eye-catching, conversation-starting gift that will stand out against the superstore’s generic gifts under the Christmas tree. What are you waiting for?
P.S. At Art & Frame on Main, each purchase of art includes a short story about the artist, personalizing the gift with one more step!