Nearly every day, one or more visitors to the gallery come in and say, “I need a gift, and I know I’ll find the right thing here.” They may add that it needs to be unbreakable, or packable, or under a certain dollar amount, but they rarely have a specific wishlist. And 99% of the time, we help them feel delighted, walking out with a perfect solution in a perfect gift-worthy presentation.
Why do these discerning people consider giving the gift of original art? We’ve listened and learned:
- It’s original! Sounds silly, but think of nearly every other gift idea: manufactured, duplicated 1,000s of times online, featured in commercials, and on those mundane ‘here’s what I could use’ gift lists.
- It lasts! Most gifts of art are treasured for a lifetime and may even become heirlooms. They are on display, admired often, and the receiver delights in retelling the story behind the artist or the occasion.
- It’s an unexpected treat that can take many forms: pottery, glass, jewelry, reclaimed materials, textiles, and even the well known art form – canvas for the wall!
- It demonstrates support and appreciation for real live people (the artists) and encourages the artists’ growth and ambition. It also shows support for your local small business.
- It makes YOU, the giver, become well-remembered. The recipient will always appreciate the giver’s time and effort to match the art piece to their personality, making the gift of original art even more precious.
Original art is a long-lasting, eye-catching, conversation-starting gift for any occasion. Put us to the test!!
P.S. At Art & Frame on Main, each purchase of art includes a short story about the artist, personalizing the gift with one more step!